Executive Director (20 Hours Per week)
Responsible for meeting the mission of ESS in collaboration and at the direction of the board of directors
Provide mission driven services that meet the needs of seniors in our community through the use of trained volunteers:
- Oversee work of Service Coordinator and be able to do those day to day tasks when needed. (See Service Coordinators job description)
Market ESS to potential funders, sponsoring congregations, potential volunteers and older adults:
- Increase ESS’s visibility in the community and develop relationships with area businesses and other potential supporters
- Make older adults in area aware of services and recruit appropriate volunteers;
- Keep supporting congregations informed of work of ESS;
- Maintain web site.
- Increasing community awareness and commitment to ESS;
- Develop and carryout fundraising plan to support the work of ESS;
- Maintain records of donors and contributions to ESS and recognize donors for each gift;
- Increase number of congregations and areas businesses providing both financial and volunteer support
Work closely with the Board of Directors:
- Provide regular updates on services provided and volunteer activities;
- Provide updates on marketing and development efforts.
- Coordinate with board members to accomplish fundraising activities and goals.
- Work closely with treasurer to handle incoming money, bills needing payment and all financial reporting.
Provide other functions as needed from time to time to meet ESS goals and mission.
All ESS employees must be comfortable working with a diverse group of people, people with disabilities and diverse faith communities.
Must be experienced with computers including data bases, web sites, basic troubleshooting of both software and hardware.
This position requires access to an automobile and proof of insurance.
Submit cover letter and resume to Carolyn Davies
Email: email@example.com by Wednesday, February 20, 2019.